Wow, a lot has been going on lately! Things are definitely changing....
Sometimes it's really hard for me to accept change. When things are going good and you like the way they are then why would you want them to change?? But I have realized that without change life would be boring and there would be no room for growth. So I've decided that instead of trying to hold on to the past I'm going to embrace the changes in my life. I wonder what new and exciting things my future holds... :-)
Somethings that have been going on:
1. Lorina got her mission call!! Morristown, New Jersey Spanish speaking. I'm really excited for her and know she will be an amazing missionary just like she is an amazing friend.
2. I went to Las Vegas for Easter! It was so nice to see my parents and to be with family :-) My aunt got married and the wedding was beautiful. I am really happy for her. I also got some shopping done for my mission. My first shirt and a pair of shoes! haha So exciting.
3. Finals are here... but that means I'm almost done with my first year in the accounting program, which is by far the hardest!! I can't believe I have really almost finished. Let's just hope my grades are good enough to get me into the masters program!
1. I have the most amazing friends! Wow I have been so lucky to meet the most amazing girls and to be able to spend so much time with them! They are such good examples to me and help me to have fun and smile when life gets hard. They are beautiful, smart, funny as heck, talented, and just so much fun to be around. We are all going our seperate ways and things will never be the same as they have been the last few years.. but i know that our friendships are only beginning :-) To you my favorite girls... I can't wait for the amazing adventures to come!!
2. I've decided that one of the hardest things to deal with is when someone you really care about disappoints you. No matter how hard you try, and even if you do everything right (which doesn't ever happen), they still have their own agency, and can do things that you don't think are best for them. You can't force someone into being something. Even if you know they have the potential and can do so many great things with there life if they only try, they have the ultimate decision. They get to decide what choices to make and what path to follow. Even if you think they are choosing the wrong path there is nothing you can do about it. All you can do is continue to love and support them and hope things work out. It's hard seeing someone you love struggle and try to find the right path. Recently it seems I've been having to deal with this issue with multiple people I care for. I guess it's a lesson I need to learn... to just butt out and let people use there agency. Even if sometimes I do get hurt in the process.
3. I need to learn to control my emotions! Sometimes my emotions just take over and then I do/say really stupid things. Looking back at the things I say I'm like... "what was I thinking?". I guess the problem is I wasn't thinking, just letting my emotions have control. So from now on I am going to do better!
Ok sorry if this was the most boring random post ever... you don't have to read it. I just needed to vent about somethings and get them out there.
Hope everyone had a wonderful week and I will blog agian soon with pictures :-)