Friday, April 3, 2009

Boise, Idaho... HERE I COME!

So it finally happened!! I got my mission call! Wow it still feels so unreal... I can't believe I am really going so soon! I am so excited and can't wait. The next three months are going to be so long yet way to short. So now for the story of how it happened....

I thought for sure Wednesday was going to be the day... but I checked the mail and nothing. So Thursday came and I was getting very very anxious. I decided to wake up that morning and go to the temple. Very good idea. It helped to calm me down and prepare me to except my call to serve. I love the peace and joy that you can feel at the temple. When I got home from the temple at about 10:00 I saw the mail mans van so I decided to go check the mail... and guess what?!? My mission call was there! I had a huge smile on as I ran inside and then jumped up and down for joy! But then the waiting began. I wanted all my friend and family to see when I opened it so I decided to wait until 6:30 that night when everyone would be there. Luckily I was really busy most of the day so that made it easier to wait.

Finally 6:30 came along. All my roommates and best friends where there. I had my parents on video chat from Kentucky so they could see the whole thing. Then I had my sister Mackenzie on speaker phone from spring break in Florida! It was so great being surrounded by so many people I love and who love me. After everyone was ready I ripped open the envelope. Then I couldn't find the paper that said what my call was! haha But finally I found it and read through it a little ways until I saw the words... IDAHO BOISE MISSION! I just started to laugh. Totally not what I was expecting. My first thought was "can I get a do-over". Before I could tell everyone else where I was going, my over excited roommate read the paper too and shouted out BOISE IDAHO! It was then mass confusion and everyone was like wait where are you really going and then I told them it really was Boise Idaho and then there were hugs and happiness and it was really wonderful. By this time I was still in shock but so excited and felt so grateful for the call. You can't read over that letter signed by President Monson and not know that it is a call straight from the Lord! Yelling at Ann for shouting out my call before me! haha

My Beautiful, Amazing, Best Friends

After that I proceeded to call all the rest of my loving family and friends. I am so grateful for all the support and love that they give me. I am so excited to go on a mission and I know that Boise Idaho is exactly where the Lord needs me and that I will receive many blessings for faithfully excepting the call to serve. I can't wait to get to Idaho and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the amazing people there. I feel so blessed and honored that the Lord is trusting me with his precious children. It's going to amazing!!!! Wow, I am blessed!


I report to the Provo MTC on July 8, 2009 and I couldn't be happier :-)

2 comments:

dani said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! That was amazing!

Lorina said...

I can't believe it's happening!